ページビューの合計

2014年10月16日木曜日

Introduction of my book

Hello! This is the first contribution for me.
I will introduce my book about food.
I chose Food Politics -What Everyone Needs to Know-.
This was written by Robert Paarlberg.

Food Politics: What Everyone Needs to Know

I chose this book, because I wanted to know how to change food cultures and differences of food industry in the world.

In the first section of this book, the circumstances of food was written. There are great differences between rich countries and poor countries. Today, trade ( import and export ) is important in the world. I was surprised that Japan is one of the biggest importers of corn. The world markets are developing fast.  Also, I read that our demanding for food was changing. We want fresh and nutritional food. It is difficult for farmer, and it cause some conflicts between farmers and consumers.

I think we can learn more about some issues of food in the world through this book.
I'll keep reading and write about it in my blog.

Thank you for reading!

1 件のコメント:

  1. I would guess that Japan mainly uses imported corn to produce high fructose corn syrup (which is used to make sweetened soft drinks) and, perhaps, to feed to animals. The corn on the cob that we sometimes eat in Japan seems to often be domestic. You certainly selected a challenging book to read for this seminar.

    返信削除